Coronavirus (Covid-19) catch-up premium
The coronavirus (Covid-19) catch-up premium is aimed at helping schools mitigate the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on education. The purpose of this funding is to help children and young people ‘catch up’ with their education and to make up for lost teaching time. The following information details how we will use our funding at Hillocks Primary Academy.
How we intend to use the grant
Quality first teaching and intervention:
The EEF recommends a tiered approach to closing the gap. Tier 1 is high quality teaching for all, tier 2 is targeted support using teaching assistants (TAs), high quality one to one and small group interventions and planning for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) with tier 3 offering support in pastoral aspects, attendance and social and emotional learning.
- CPD support to ensure reading teachers are equipped to address gaps in phonics knowledge.
- Maths text books to ensure consistency of approach
- Devices and the infrastructure to ensure high quality remote learning
- One to one and small group intervention to address gaps in mathematics, reading and phonics in Key stage 1 and lower key stage 2.
- Support for one to one tutoring to ensure upper key stage two children catch up on lost learning
- Targeted therapies to support mental health
How we will assess the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of our children
- Pupil progress and attainment will be tracked through the three formal data points that we have during the year, this will allow us to track overall progress and attainment of pupils. A detailed analysis will be presented to senior leaders after each data point, this will include analysis of all groups so trends can be spotted and acted upon.
- Internal tracking of the small group intervention will be used to track progress, these will be reviewed at the end of each term.