Local Academy Committee Governor Nomination
We have a vacancy for a parent academy committee governor and are looking for parents/carers who are interested in this role and who have children at the academy.
As an academy committee governor, you will normally hold office for a period of four years, even if your child leaves the academy during this time. You can, however, resign at any time.
Academy committees are responsible for a wide range of matters which come under three core functions:
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent;
- holding the principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its children; and
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
They do not get involved in the operational day-to-day running of the academy.
If you would like to be nominated as a parent academy committee governors, you need to:
- check that you are eligible by reading the eligibility criteria on the Disqualification of Directors document (see below);
- complete the nomination form shared below;
- include a statement, up to 80 words, about yourself and why you would like to become an academy committee governor. You do not have to complete this section, but if you don’t you may put yourself at a disadvantage if there is an election.
Nominations must be received at the academy by 10.00am on Tuesday 9 May 2023.
Electronic nominations must be returned the returning officer (clerk to the academy committee) Emma Paine via email@example.com.
If making a paper nomination, it should be sealed in an envelope marked ‘Nomination for Parent Academy Committee Governor’ and may be delivered by hand, sent with your child, or by post to the academy.
Disqualification from Governance